NGAMBA ISLAND EXCURSION
Ngamba Island Excursion: Ngamba Island is located on Lake Victoria covering approximately 100 acres, 98 of which are forested and separated from the visitor’s area by an electric fence where the chimpanzees roam throughout the day. It is home to 49 chimpanzees, 20 males and 29 females orphaned or rescued from encroachers and poachers, 3 of which were luckily born on this island.
The Chimpanzees Sanctuary and Wildlife Conservation Trust (CSWCT) was established in 1998 and is responsible for the sanctuary.
The excursion commences from the moment one leaves their place of residence in Kampala or Entebbe. Depart from the zoo –Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC) where the boat will be waiting to transfer you to the island. The pier is a short walk away from parking and this cruise takes 45 minutes on a speed boat and 90 minutes on a traditional motorized canoe.
Departure time for this half day excursion is 9 AM or 12:45 PM however the excursion has to be pre booked. One chooses either 9-12 PM or 12:45- 4 PM.
Upon arrival at the visitor information Centre, you are introduced to the project and the history narrated after which one gets personal orientation from a knowledgeable guide or care taker.
One has chance to view chimpanzees feeding and also take part during the 11 AM or 3 PM feeding times from the raised platform along the edge of the fence, also encounter monitor lizards and different bird species during the guided nature walk in the forest.
After this excursion, lunch either on the island or Entebbe as per preference.
Take the boat back to the mainland.
- Hotel pick up and transfer
- Round boat trip
- Lunch and bottled mineral water
- Entrance fees and expert tour guides
- Professional photography
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel