Entanda Community Cultural excursion
Entanda Community Cultural excursion : This is a community based tourism organization based in Mityana about 2 hours from Kampala which offers an authentic visitor experience in a non-staged environment. Through active participation, visitors explore, enjoy, learn and take home bountiful knowledge for their own use. The rural village where Entanda is located is called Kijjudde which means a community blessed with abundance.
It was started in 2013 to preserve and restore the waning heritage of the Buganda culture which is one of the largest and most influential pre –colonial Kingdoms in East Africa and to protect the natural environment through tourism.
Entanda promotes traditional life style of the Baganda through,
- Music and dance with traditional instruments
- Food and fresh fruits harvesting
- Preparation (Luwombo)and dining
- Traditional games like sonko, kwepena, omweso
- Bark cloth making
- Hunting expeditions to save wildlife
- Local medicinal wine processing
- Mature talks (senga–kojja) sessions etcetera
Entanda is a beautiful word in Buganda, it means a package offered to loved ones. The package could be useful advice or physical valuables given to help them in future. Entanda could be given to a daughter, son, cousin, friend or anyone truly beloved.
The day begins with a 2– hour drive to Mityana, the vehicle stops somewhere within the tea plantations from where travellers board off to trek to Kijudde village for the ultimate traditional experience, this is a 20 minute walk full of excitement and high expectations.
Upon arrival, you are welcomed by the locals with singing, clapping, drumming and dancing, the head guide then gives a briefing of the days program which begins immediately with the listed activities in no particular order.
While here, experience authentic traditional culture of the Baganda people and play soccer with the locals to crown the day.
Return to Kampala at the end of the day with the camera gallery full of captured memories.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional Activities; Visit and tour the tea factory
- Buganda cultural encounter
- Bottled mineral water
- Full time English speaking driver and guide
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel