Apoka SafarI lodge is right in the middle of one of Africa’s best destinations – Kidepo Valley National Park. Close your eyes and think of Africa; the landscape, jagged hills, golden grasses, the plains dotted with wildlife, the soft glowing light and your destination is most likely to be Kidepo Valley National Park. This is Uganda’s most remote park, far away from city life that boasts of being the only park in Uganda with the cheetah.
The rooms at Apoka have been built with comfort in mind. Everything is handmade by local craftsmen, everything is large and capacious. 10 expansive rooms with natural canvas walls surround a rocky kopje with endless views across the savannah. With inside sitting rooms and private verandas there are plenty of places to relax, read and sprawl. Big hand-hewn beds with soft duvets are draped with mosquito nets, hand-woven woolen carpets, extra-large plush towels, oversized dressing gowns…you may be as far away from the city as you’ll ever be, but you won’t miss a thing.
Step outside to a sheltered terrace and slip into your own outdoor stone bathtub, big enough to fit the whole family.
The swimming pool at Apoka Lodge – deep and cool – has been carved out of the big rock. This is the kind of pool that makes you want to jump in, splashing and yelling, feeling like a kid again.
Come and drink in the view, come and feel the lion’s roar in your chest. Come and stay a while.
- The only lodge inside Kidepo Valley National Park. Right smack dab in the middle of it.
- The outdoor starlit bathtubs
- Prime game viewing…without even leaving the lodge…all day long
- Staff from the local Karimojong community
- The amazing natural rock pool – deep, dark and cool
- Fantastic guides for walks and drives
- Pure, natural décor in a pure, natural setting
- Breakfast in the bush under a fig tree? Why not!
- Open topped game-viewing vehicles
- Fall asleep to the sound of nearby lions roaring and zebras whinnying…
- Big breezy shaded spaces – cool respite from the daytime heat
01 JAN 2019 To 31 DEC 2019
|Peak Season 01 Jan to 28 Feb , 01 Jun to 30 Sep , 01 Dec to 31 Dec||Low Season 01 Mar to 31 May , 01 Oct to 30 Nov|
|PER PERSON PER NIGHT||SHARING||SINGLE||SHARING||SINGLE|
|Child 5-12 sharing with 2 adults (no under 5’s)||$290||–||$185||–|
- Full board (all meals)
- Drinks (non-premium brands)
- 2 game activities per day (standard game drive / walking safari)
- Local airstrip transfers
- All applicable taxes, bed night and community fees
- Premium brand drinks
- Karimajong village visit | Ik hike | other community tours
- Additional activities and related costs.
- Uganda Wildlife Authority park fees