5 Days Mt Elgon wagagai peak expedition
5 Days Mt Elgon wagagai peak expedition: Visit Mt Elgon for the conservation experience and 4–days hike to the highest peak- Wagagai. Enjoy the beautiful scenery along the slopes of Mount Elgon in eastern Uganda. Visit the numerous caves and the little chebnet waterfalls. Encounter a few wildlife species, monkeys and birds. Enjoy photography at every point visited and create lasting memories Trip highlights
- Hike to the world’s largest caldera
- Bush experience with beautiful view points
- Camping expedition Photography
- Cave exploration and visit Chebnet waterfalls
- Nature walks in Kapkwai rain forest
Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe to Kapchorwa- SIPI (travel time 5 hours)
Start the journey in the afternoon and cross the mighty River Nile in Jinja to Mbale town. Proceed to Kapchorwa, upon arrival, check into your hotel
Accommodation: SIPI Falls Lodge, meal plan: dinner and breakfast
Day 2: Transfer to Kapkwai Forest Conservation Centre – Mt Elgon National Park
After breakfast, check out and set off for Mt Elgon national park, this is about 10 kms away from your hotel of stay. Upon arrival at the park headquarters, you will be received by your ranger guide and briefed on the expedition. He will also introduce you to your helpers who include porters and a cook before you begin the expedition.
The conservation area has two major entrances thus SIPI trail which is less steep and Sasa trail which is steeper. On this expedition, for a complete experience, you will have a loop where you go through SIPI and return via Sasa.
There are various sceneries of flora and fauna including cliffs, caves, waterfalls, gorges, calderas, hot springs and mountain peaks.
The caves have frequent night visitors like elephants and buffaloes which come to lick the salt found on the walls of Kitum cave on the lower slopes of the mountain, this cave enters 200 meters into the mountain.
You may encounter small antelopes and duikers, blue monkeys, white and black Columbus monkeys which seem to be extinct and about 144 bird species including the endangered lammergeier. Half of Uganda’s butterfly species have been reported to be here.
Meals prepared by your cook. Camping overnight
Day 3-4: Hiking expedition
Enjoy breakfast and continue with your hike to the peak. There will be breaks in between for meals and refreshment.
Mt Elgon is known as the world’s largest caldera with 40 km in length and 18 km in width.
Wagagai peak is 4,321 m above sea level. Enjoy photography at the peak for memories.
Day 5: Return to Conservation centre and transfer back to Kampala
After your 4 and a-half day adventure, you will be driven back to Kampala, arrival will be after dark and drop off to your place of residence.
Please remember to review us face book and trip advisor
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional activities; Visit Sipi falls, Visit Pian Upe wildlife reserve
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfers and photography
- Camping gear and related fees (tent, sleeping mat and sleeping bag)
- Bottled drinking water on trip, cooks and porters
- English speaking driver and ranger guide
- Visa fees, International flights, Personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and any activities outside the itinerary
- Please note:
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel