5 Days masai mara safari from Uganda
5 Days masai mara safari from uganda : Masai Mara is a vast expanse of gently rolling African grassland located in the south west corner of Kenya, bordering the Serengeti National park in Tanzania. The word ‘Masai’ comes from the Maasai tribe, inhabitants of the area and the word ‘Mara’ is the Masai tribal word for ‘spotted’, referring to the unique flat-topped acacia trees, shrubs and bushes that are found across most of the reserve.
Masai Mara now also comprises a number of conservancies and group ranches bordering the main reserve and is home to some of the most diverse species of African wildlife and also the site of the famous annual Wildebeest migration, simply called the ‘Great Migration’ when a million plus herd of wildebeest and zebra migrate northwards into the Mara from Serengeti National Park. Their annual trek ends with the dangerous crossings of crocodile infested rivers. The ‘Mara’, as Masai Mara is also known, is among the best wildlife reserves in Kenya.
Nairobi is Kenya’s capital city. In addition to its urban core, the city has Nairobi National Park, a large game reserve known for breeding endangered black rhinos and home to giraffes, zebras and lions. Next to it is a well-regarded elephant orphanage operated by the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Nairobi is also often used as a jumping-off point for safari trips elsewhere in Kenya.
Day 1: Travel from Kampala to Masai Mara (travel time 13 hrs )
Start the journey from Kampala via Busia border with lunch stop over in Kisumu city before continuing to the park. Transfer in a 4WD AC tourist vehicle with an experienced driver. Arrival will be just after dark.
Dinner and overnight stay at Mara Manyattta Camp or Mara–Serena lodge
Day 2: Morning and Evening Game Drives
Wake up early and go for a morning game drive through the vast park, you will have chance to see the big five game of Africa and wild–beests crossing the crocodile infested Mara river if it is their season to migrate. Lunch and mineral water will be packed so that you spend the entire day in the wild savannah grasslands. There will be opportunity to see the predators as they hunt on their prey in the dark on your way back to the lodge.
Return to your lodge for dinner and rest
Day 3: Masai Cultural Visit and transfer to Nairobi City
After breakfast, check out of the lodge and drive through the park to visit a Masai community, experience their lifestyle, food preparation and take photographs in their manayattas, enjoy entertainment of their traditional dance by the locals.
After here, embark on a journey to Nairobi City, lunch upon arrival, dinner and overnight stay at Osereni Hotel Nairobi. Enjoy the night life of Nairobi city
Day 4: Nairobi City Tour and travel back to Kampala
Wake up early and check out of the hotel, visit Uhuru park, shop for souvenirs and tour the city briefly, have lunch in the city. Later in the evening, embark on the journey back to Kampala via Nakuru. Arrival will be next morning and drop off at an agreed location.
Please remember to review us https://petnahafricatours.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/petnahafricatours/reviews/?ref=page_internal/
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional Activities; Proceed to Tsavo East or West, Visit Mombasa City
- Game drives
- Masai cultural visit
- Transfers in AC tourist vehicle with refridgerater
- Accommodation and meals
- Bottled mineral water, full time English speaking driver guide
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel