5 Day Adventures in Mgahinga National Park
This safari takes one for Gorilla trekking in Nyakagezi Mgahinga National Park which is Uganda’s smallest park covering an area of 33.7km2 located on the south western corner of Uganda or Golden monkey tracking with the Batwa cultural trail to crown the trip.
- Encounter Mountain Gorillas
- Track golden monkeys
- Batwa cultural trail
- Hike a volcano for a day
DAY 1: Transfer to Mgahinga National Park
Travel to Mgahinga national park– Kisoro from Kampala or Bwindi for this exciting adventure and stay the night at a lodge inside the park or in Kisoro town which is only 14 Kms from the park depending on preference.
The park covers the northern slopes of three extinct volcanoes Mt. Muhavura (4,127 m), Mt Gahinga (3,474 m) and Mt. Sabinyo (3,645 m) with a view point 15 minutes from Ntebeko gate. The Virungas are home to a large variety of wildlife including about half the world’s endangered mountain gorilla species, golden and red -tailed monkeys.
Accommodation: full board meal plan
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking or Golden Monkey Tracking
Option 1: Trek Gorillas of Nyakagezi group in this steep and dense part of the forest, you will be allowed an hour of watching these cousins of humans feed, play and even mate, film and take photographs before returning to the park head quarters where you receive your certificate of trekking for supporting Mountain Gorilla Conservation.
Option 2: Trek through the dense forest in search of the rare golden monkeys commonly found in this region, be sure to catch the view of the extended Ituri forest of neighbouring Dr Congo and beautiful views of Muhabura mountain ranges.
Lunch is packed for the trekkers while accommodation and dinner planned as the previous day.
Day 3: Batwa Cultural Trail
On this 8 Km gentle trail guided by knowledgeable local guides, experience the life style of these indigenous people as demonstrated along the way which include hunting, honey gathering, fire making and fetching of water.
This trail also takes one to the Garama Cave – an important spiritual and cultural site of the Batwa to learn about their beliefs.
Accommodation and meals arranged on full board basis
Day 4: Summit a Volcano – Extra day
For the adventurous interested in hiking, stay an extra day for a whole days climb to Mt Gahinga, Sabinyo or Muhavura which offer beautiful and smoky views of their peaks on a clear day. These conical volcanoes straddle Ugandas borders with Congo and Rwanda hence giving off a complete experience to the package.
Day 5: Travel back to Kampala or Bwindi
After the adventures in Mgahinga, return to your starting point or location with stop overs along the way for lunch break and high way photography
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional activities; Visit Bunyonyi for birding, Visit Kitagata Hot springs
- All activities agreed upon in the itinerary
- Transfers and Professional photography
- Accommodation and meals
- Bottled mineral water and a full time English speaking driver guide
- Visa fees, International flights, Personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and any activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel