4 Days Rwenzori Mountains Nature Walk and Cultural Expedition
4 Days Rwenzori Mountains Nature Walk and Cultural Expedition: Visit the various trails during this nature walk and catch the scenic views of the mountain ranges with an experienced local guide. Also encounter the culture of the inhabitants of this area, enjoy the entertainment by the traditional troupe to crown the hike.
- Scenic views of peaks and river Mubuku
- Camping at the foot hills of Mt Rwenzori
- Hiking adventure and photography
- Cultural encounter
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Rwenzori National Park – Kasese (travel time 7 hrs)
This journey begins from Kampala and goes on for about 7 hours via Fort Portal town where a stop over for lunch will be made, continue to Kasese and stop at the equator monument to perform the experiment and photography then proceed to the park.
Over night stay at Ruboni Community Banda where you will feel the cool breeze and roar from the boulder filled Mubuku river
Day 2: Trek Ruboni Hill
Wake up early and have breakfast then embark on a guided nature walk to this 2,300m high hill, there are scenic views of river Mubuku, Baker and Portal Peaks as one ascends. While at its top, one is able to see the panoramic view of the mountains of the moon and the snow capped Magheritah peak.
Photography is a must at this point before returning to the camp for dinner and overnight rest
Day 3: Community walk and Cultural encounter
Wake up early for breakfast then start the walk along the Bulemba–Ihandiro cultural trail for a day long exploration of the Bakonzo culture, pass through the Bat Valley– a holy place for the Bakonzo and cross river Kamusonge to reach a hilltop cultural museum.
Visit the traditional healer and learn how he uses his muhima or powers to heal the sick.
Alternatively, visit the neighbouring villages of Ruboni Community or Mihunga community for a cultural tour where one enjoys dance entertainment by the traditional troupe here and also buy locally made handicrafts for souvenirs
Accommodation and dinner at your banda. Lunch is packed for the trail.
Day 4: Transfer back to Kampala
After breakfast check out and start the journey back to Kampala via Mbarara town, stop over here for lunch then at the equator monument in Masaka for photography.
Arrival in the evening and drop off at an agreed point.
Please remember to review us face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional activities; 8 days Rwenzori central circuit, 7 days Magheritah peak expedition
- All activities agreed upon with a full time English speaking driver guide
- Transfers and Professional photography
- Accommodation, meals and bottled mineral water
- Visa fees, International flights, Personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and any activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel