4 Days Rwanda Gorilla, Wildlife Safari and Lake Kivu Holiday : On this expedition, tour genocide memorial sites, trek gorillas, track golden monkeys, bird on an island tour, enjoy a cultural experience and wind down with a lake Kivu holiday.
Plan for personal insurance, physical fitness, carry a yellow fever vaccination certificate to be able to get a Rwandan Visa at the airport or border.
- Gorilla trekking
- Golden monkey tracking
- Lake Kivu holiday
- Visit Ibyiwachu cultural village
- Karisoke Research centre
Day 1: Kigali City Tour and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Start the day with break fast then set off for an exciting tour of the beautiful city, visit the Nyamata church, presidential palace national museum, genocide memorial site to listen to the horrendous stories of the Rwandese who suffered in the hands of their own country men and learn about the history of the country from precolonial to present day Rwanda.
Have lunch and drive to Ruhengeri town for overnight stay in your lodge.
Day 2 Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes and visit Ibyiwachu Cultural Centre
Wake up early and drive to the park headquarters where you will be briefed about the rules of trekking after which you set out into the thicket of the forest in search of the mountain gorillas with the lead of an expert ranger.
Along the way, you will see traces of gorilla activity like chewed bamboo shoots, dung and nests, upon sites of a gorilla family group, you will be allowed an hour with them before embarking on a trek back to the headquarters and then lodge for lunch and refreshment.
Later on, you will be guided to Ibyiwachu cultural village to learn and experience the Kinyarwanda culture displayed through traditional folk songs, drumming, dancing, dance and story telling.
Return to lodge with arrangement of previous day.
Day 3 Track Golden Monkeys, Hike to Karisoke and transfer to Lake Kivu
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and head to the park head quarters fro a briefing on this adventure before launching into the deep forest. Tracking takes p to 2 hours after which you return to the lodge for lunch and rest.
After lunch, you will be guided to a hike to Karisoke research centre a conservation effort pioneered by Dian Fossey featuring an exhibit of mountain gorillas, artefacts, a 3D interactive model of the Virunga mountains and casts of real gorilla nose prints where you learn that humans do not know much about the endangered mountain gorilla species.
Transfer to Kibuye town near Lake Kivu. Dinner and overnight stay at a booked lodge.
Day 4 Holiday in Lake Kivu and transfer to Kigali
After break fast, drive to lake Kivu and engage in various activity of choice including nature walk, birding on a boat ride, island tour, visit hot springs, go fishing or visit the Congo border.
Visit Ndaba falls or do a community walk around Kibuye town to encounter the lifestyle of the local inhabitants here before setting off to return to Kigali.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor –Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional activities; Visit Nyirangongo
- Accommodation and Gorilla trekking Permit
- Meals and bottled mineral Water
- Expert guides
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
- Flight fares, Visas and personal insurance
- Souvenirs, tips, laundry services, alcoholic drinks
- Anything outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel