3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
This 3 day Rwanda gorilla safari begins and ends in Kigali city where one visits the Genocide memorial sites before driving to Volcanoes national park which is home to over 400 mountain gorillas. A gorilla trekking permit goes for 1500 USD per person valid for a day of which only 86 permits are issued by the Rwandan Tourism Board.
Day 1: Arrival, tour Genocide Memorial sites and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Upon arrival, you are briefed by a professional driver guide about the entire safari before starting the day with a visit to the genocide memorial sites within Kigali city.
After lunch, embark on a two –hour journey to Parc Des National which is approximately 80Km from the city centre. Dinner and overnight stay
Accommodation: Muhabura hotel (budget) Le Bamboo lodge (midrange) 5 volcanoes lodge(luxury)
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking at Volcanoes National Park and Visit Twin Lakes or community walk
Wake up early and set off for the park head quarters where you will be briefed about the days adventure after which you will be guided deep into the jungle to trek the gorillas and allowed an hour to watch them play, feed, mate and guard each other as you film or take photos with camera flashes off.
One requires some level of fitness for this activity as it can last for up to 6 hours. Trekkers can also see other animal species like elephants, buffaloes, golden monkeys and birds while in the jungle.
After here, return to lodge for lunch and later visit the twin lakes Burera and Ruhondo or take a walk to the community for traditional entertainment.
Dinner and overnight stay as previous day.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali and visit to Pottery Project centre
After break fast, check out of the hotel and start the journey back to Kigali where you visit the pottery project or even Franco–Rwandan cultural centre and buy souvenirs here before returning home.
Please remember to review us on face book– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional activities; Chimpanzee tracking
- Accommodation and Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Meals and bottled mineral Water
- Expert guides and 4X4 Safari car for transportation
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- Flight fares, Visas and personal insurance
- Souvenirs, tips, laundry services, alcoholic drinks
- Anything outside the itinerary
You will trekk one of these gorilla family groups including, Susa group with 41 gorillas, Sabinyo group 8 gorillas, Amahoro 17 gorillas, Kwitonda 18 gorillas, Umubano with 11 and Hirwa with 13 gorillas
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel