3 Days Kigali City tour and Nyungwe National Park Safari
This 3- day tour takes one around Kigali city for a complete days excursion and to Nyungwe national park to tour the most intact rain forest in the east and central Africa.
Nyungwe is a natural forest aged thousands of years, covering over 1,015 square Kilo meters, found in the south western part of Rwanda bordering Burundis Kibira forest of 370 square Kilo meters in the south and Congo in the west.
The forest offers Chimpanzee tracking, colombus monkey tracking, canopy walk, birding, numerous hiking trails and village/tea picking experience.
Day 1: Arrival, Kigali City tour and drive to Nyungwe
Upon arrival, you are picked by a driver guide and briefed about the days proceedings. Tour all historical sites including the genocide memorial museum, visit the conventional centre then drive to Nyamirambo- old Kigali and visit the local market and taste local cuisine for lunch.
Later on, embark on the winding road to Nyungwe forest National Park, arriving in the evening for overnight stay.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking in Nyungwe Forest National Park
After an early breakfast and clad with packed lunch, meet at Nyungwe National park offices for briefing and grouping done by a ranger guide who leads you into the forest for the excursion.
Chimp tracking can be a little tough depending on fitness but very exciting when you meet these close cousins of humans, you are allowed an hour with them. Remember to pack rain and hike gear, gloves, camera, mineral water, lunch and snacks to make the exercise easier. Return to the lodge after the days adventure.
Day 3: Canopy walk, Columbus monkey tracking and return to Kigali
After a sunrise breakfast, drive to Winka visitor centre for the adventurous 200m walk above Nyungwe forest. The canopy lies 50m above the forest giving off fresh breath of air and magical sightings of the black and white colobus mountain monkeys.
After the walk, enjoy the beautiful scenic drive through the forest and tea plantations on the edge of the forest, stop in Huye for a hot lunch and later proceed to Kigali for your flight, bus or longer stay.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional activities; Visit Lake Kivu
- Accommodation in Nyungwe and Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Meals and bottled mineral Water
- Canopy Walk and expert guides
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
- Flight fares, Visas and personal insurance
- Souvenirs, tips, laundry services, alcoholic drinks
- Anything outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel