3 Days Fort portal Kibale park tour
Tour Summary and highlights
This 3 Days Fort portal Kibale park tour/ safari takes you to wild Kibale forest where you will track the magical chimpanzees in a day long guided forest walk, engage in community tourism, visit Bigodi swamp and Bigodi project center. The tour also involves visits to the attractions in the beautiful tourism city of Fort Portal. Kibale forest consists of 13 primate species and many bird species.
- Visit the Toro Omukamas palace
- Karambi royal tombs
- Visit Bigodi community
- Track or habituate Chimpazees
- Visit Amabere ga Nyinamwiru caves
- Hike to view the beautiful crater lakes
Day 1: Transfer to Fort Portal town (travel time 6 hours)
You will be picked up at an agreed location in Kampala by the driver guide to embark on a 6- hour long drive to Fort Portal, lunch upon arrival and check into your hotel.
Later on, you will visit the Omukamas palace and Karambi tombs then go tour the historical Amabere ga nyinamwiru. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the magnificent Rwenzori mountains seen afar when you hike to a view point where you see the wonderous crater lakes. You can opt to experience the night life of this developed town.
Return to your hotel for the evenings rest in preparation for next day activities.
Accommodation: Kyaninga Lodge, Fort Portal Hotel, full board meal Plan
Day 2: Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
In the morning, have breakfast and check out of the hotel, drive to Kibale forest national park headquarters for registration and briefing after which you will be guided to the forest by a trained ranger guide to start your tracking or habituation adventure.
While in the forest, you will see many primate species like; the wonderful Red Columbus, Grey cheeked mangabey, Black and white Columbus monkey, L’hoest monkey and the amazing Chimpanzees.
After the trek, drive to your lodge and check in then go for the guided community walk in Bigodi where you will encounter the locals and taste their local delicacies for lunch, visit the Bigodi community project centre and buy souvenirs to support the women groups here, a traditional troupe will be waiting to entertain you.
In the evening, return to your lodge for dinner and rest after the day’s adventures.
Accommodation: Turaco Tree Tops, Papaya Lodge, meal plan– full board
Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala (travel time 6 hours)
After breakfast, check out of the lodge and embark on your journey back to Kampala via Kamwengye –Mubende highway. There will be a stop-over for highway photography and purchase of fresh organic food stuff.
Arrival in Kampala will be late afternoon or evening, you will be dropped off at an agreed location.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor –Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional Activities; Quad Biking and guided birding
- Bigodi community visit
- Chimpanzee tracking or habituation and transfers
- Visit Amabere ga nyinamwiru and Toro Palace
- Accommodation and meals
- Bottled mineral water, full time English speaking driver guide
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel