3 Day weekend getaway to lake bunyonyi
The 3 Day weekend getaway to lake bunyonyi will unveil to you the secrets of this “place of many birds” located in south western Uganda between Kabale and Kisoro near the Rwandan border, it is 1,962 meters above sea level, 7 km wide and 25km long and believed to be about 44m -900 meters deep making it the second deepest lake in East Africa after L.Tanganyika.
The lake is free of bilharzia and safe for swimming. It also appears on the 5000shilling note under the title “Lake Bunyonyi and Terraces.” Enjoy professional photography throughout this trip.
DAY 1: TRANSFER TO KABALE (6HOURS)
Pick up at an agreed place in Kampala to start the journey to Bunyonyi for fun adventure, there will be a stopover at Mpambire drum makers point and equator in Masaka for a brief tour and photography then thereafter Mbarara town for a lunch break.
Upon arrival, check into your hotel and refresh, dinner will be served between 8–9 pm after which there will be a camp fire gathering to catch up over a drink.
Accommodation: Bunonyi safari resort
DAY 2: ADVENTURE PACKED DAY
Have breakfast and start the day’s activities with a ropes course then the fascinating zip line across lake Bunyonyi, enjoy photography here to create memories.
Return to your hotel for lunch, in the afternoon, you can opt for rest, take a stroll to the community and enjoy traditional dance entertainment and culture of the indigenous inhabitants, have a guided island tour, sunset cruise in the evening or even visit the town to buy souvenirs, enjoy photography at every point.
Accommodation:Lake Bunyonyi eco resort
DAY 3: TRANSFER BACK TO KAMPALA (6 HOURS)
After breakfast, check out of your hotel and embark on your journey back to Kampala with a stopover in Mbarara town or Igongo cultural center for lunch.
You will have a brief tour of the museum to explore the beautiful culture of the Ankole.
Arrival will be late afternoon at an agreed drop off point.
Optional activities; Birding, Boat cruise, Canoeing, cycling
- All adventure activities agreed upon
- Transfers and Professional photography
- Accommodation and meals
- Bottled mineral water
- Full time English speaking driver guide
- Visa fees, International flights, Personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and any activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no health scare
- Fees quoted include applicable government taxes and 18% VAT as per the taxation policy of Uganda.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel