2 Days Wanale Ridge Hiking Trip
2 Days Wanale Ridge Hiking Trip: Wanale ridge is about 7 km away from Mbale town and raised at 6,864 ft above sea-level. It is blessed with three water falls running downwards making a splashing loud sound that can be heard as one gets closer. It’s glittering white rock coating which can be viewed from a far influenced its name “Nkokonjeru Rock” meaning “white cock” as baptised by Semei Kakungulu a colonial agent to the British colonial masters then.
The Wanale ridge which is easily mistaken by new visitors in Mbale to be Mountain Elgon is endowed with caves, deep valleys, escarpments, rocks and some few water lined cliffs. The ridge is less popular because it is over shadowed my the over towering mountain Elgon.
The voyage begins from Kampala driving through the suspended bridge in Jinja and the long expanse of Tirinyi road on this 5hour drive. Have lunch in Mbale town and proceed to your camping site in Wanale, upon arrival in the evening, set camp for overnight stay and dinner.
Next day, hike Wanale ridge, drive around Mbale town for a brief tour then embark on the journey back to Kampala with arrival late evening or after dark.
Hike Wanale Ridge
After morning breakfast, start this approximately 3hour hike challenge which is the highlight activity of this trip. It requires medium level of fitness as it goes through hills, small water streams, caves, forests and jumping over stones. An expert guide gives a briefing on hiking skills and precautions. There are several home steads with coffee and banana plantations that you walk through as the inhabitants wave and wish you well
There is a stop over at Khaukha cave along the western side of the ridge for a brief narration of it’s history. It advisable to carry bottled mineral water for refreshment because the temperatures increase as the day goes by and one also gets exhausted.
As you approach the top of the ridge, Company tele-communication masts, Mbale town and Streams of water making water falls are cited at a distance.
While at the top, enjoy victory photography and rest under shrub shade as you snack to replenish the body, return downslope and rest. After, pack and drive to Mbale town for lunch and a brief tour of this vibrant business town with photography for archives.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor –Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
- Wanale ridge hike
- Transfers and expert guides
- Accommodation and meals
- Bottled mineral water
- Professional photography
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
Optional Activities; Mt Elgon hiking expedition and guided birding
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel