2 Days Tororo Rock Climbing website
2 Days Tororo Rock Climbing safari : Tororo rock is located in eastern Uganda bordering Malaba, Busia and Mbale districts. The language spoken in Tororo is “Jopadhola”. The rock which is climbable in an hour expresses beauty of this town and has made it a tourist attraction adding choice to the hiking addicts.
The rock stands at 4,865 ft above sea-level and can be visible from anywhere within the town and also as one approaches the town from all high-ways that enter the mineral rich town. The climbing starting point is 5 km away from town surrounded by the ever green Tororo golf course.
Start the voyage from Kampala driving through the suspended bridge in Jinja and Busitema forest where one catches sights of Baboons, stop and feed them with yellow bananas as you film and enjoy the sounds of this natural environment on your 5hour drive.
Upon arrival, check into a hotel for lunch and rest, later in the evening, head for the rock climbing challenge which will take you about an hour and a half or two depending on ones fitness, enjoy photography and watch the sun set as you climb down to the bottom of the rock.
Return to hotel for overnight stay and dinner.
After morning breakfast, have a brief tour around this small organised town and purchase souvenirs then drive to Malaba to tour the Uganda– Kenya border, take photographs for memories after which you embark on the journey back to Kampala with a stop over in Jinja town for lunch. Arrival late evening.
HIKING TORORO ROCK
The guided hike to the top is less tiring because there is a four case ladder arranged to almost the top of the rock. The remaining part without ladders is a short walkable distance that does not strain the muscles so much.
During the hike, an expert guide explains the history of the Rock which is passed down onto the recent generation by the elders. On top of the rock is a company power station and a radio mast and the entire Tororo town is viewed by use of naked eyes. Cell towers of Uganda’s leading communication networks are sighted at the peak of the rock including; Airtel Uganda, MTN Uganda and Uganda Telecom. The defunct cable car that was used before remained still and can be seen while at the peak of the rock.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor –Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional Activities; Quad Biking and guided birding
- Tororo rock climbing
- Transfers and expert guides
- Accommodation and meals
- Bottled mineral water
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
Optional Activities, Visit Wanale ridge, Visit Kibimba rice scheme
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel