1 Day zziwa Rhino tour
Destination over view
1 Day zziwa Rhino tour: Zziwa Rhino and Wildlife Ranch situated 176 Km north of Kampala on Gulu highway in Nakasongola district is the only home of the endangered white wild rhinos in Uganda. It is a project of Rhino Fund Uganda and Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Currently the sanctuary is home to twenty–two (22) southern white rhinos. The sanctuary has become increasingly popular with tourists; for Rhino Trekking, Shoebill Trek and Canoe Ride, Bird Watching, Night Walk, Nature Walk and Relaxation.
Begin the journey from Kampala in the morning and arrive two hours later, you will be received and briefed by the expert guide on safety while in the bush.
Drive to the territory of the southern white rhinos and the well-trained rangers will guide you through the bush on foot to where the rhinos are on the day of your visit. Watch these endangered, magnificent creatures in their natural habitat freely moving around on 7,000 hectares of land.
Encounter a range of other wildlife species including Uganda kobs, oribis, bush bucks, water bucks among others and a number of bird species while the trek. Enjoy photography and film while in the wild.
Lunch at the Zziwa restaurant or Kabalega diner before departure back to Kampala.
The recommended times are: 08:00 to 10:00 or 16:00 to 18:00 though tracking is available all day
Spend between 1½ to 2½ hours depending on location of rhinos
Please wear closed shoes, long pants, sun glasses, hats, insect repellent and carry mineral water
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
- Hotel pick up and transfer
- Lunch and bottled mineral water
- Entrance fees and expert tour guides
- Professional photography
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
Optional activities, Shoebill stock birding, night walks, canoe ride
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel