1 Day Visit to Nakayima Tree
1 Day Visit to Nakayima Tree : Nakayima tree is one of the oldest trees found in Mubende district, estimated to have over 650 years, it is claimed to have been planted by the princess Nakayima a wife to the Chwezi ruler Ndahura who had settled on the hill for many years before handing over ownership to his son known as Wamala. She is said to have disappeared in the tree the reason it doesn’t shed its leaves even in its driest seasons.
Nakayima tree is located on Mubende hill 4Kms from Mubende town offering an excellent view of the town and its surrounding areas. Mubende town is hours from Kampala along the Fort Portal highway.
Start the journey from Kampala in the morning, 3 hours later you will be in Mubende to visit the famous Nakayima tree, guided by a knowledgeable local inhabitant, learn about the history and importance attached to this big tree. Photography is a must during the briefings.
After here, continue on your journey to Fort Portal or Kibale for the rest of your planned tours or drive back to Mityana to Entanda Community to complete the Buganda cultural experience.
Return to Kampala later in the evening, arrival will be just after dark.
This tree is a cultural heritage and worship center where locals and herbalists gather to pray and practice their traditional beliefs in search for disease cure and other needs. It is said that the water that comes from its stems cures diseases when drunk, adjacent to the roots there is fire which burns at all times
Nakayima is believed not only to be the Keeper of the tree but also the Medium through which the spirit of Ndahura (god of small pox) used to communicate. It is told that Nakayima had the powers to cure people suffering from small pox and even the diseases that all other traditionalists had failed to cure and also would bless barren women with children.
Nakayima tree has large buttress roots and fissures which are referred to as rooms, 18 compartments in total where four rooms are for Ndahura who was the King of Chwezi Empire, two are for Jajja Musoke and Kilinda, and some are for Nnalongo Jajja Mukasa, all are carpeted with dry grass and in one of the rooms sits one of the caretakers with a basket for offertory where after giving an offer the care taker says a prayer for you. All residents near the tree believe to be children of Nakayima.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL TRIP COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
Optional Activities; Visit and tour the tea factory
- Buganda cultural encounter
- Nakayima tree tour
- Bottled mineral water
- Full time English speaking driver and guide
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel