1 Day Mabira forest zipline and jinja city tour
1 Day Mabira forest zipline and jinja city tour :This excursion takes one to Mabira forest which is about 45Kms from Kampala along Jinja highway. There are numerous attractive activities here including zip lining, nature walk to griffin falls and visit to Jinja town for lunch.
Depart from Kampala in the morning and start your journey, there will be a brief guided nature walk to griffin falls deep into the forest and a zip lining experience here. Enjoy nature photography before proceeding to Jinja town for lunch then a brief town tour before embarking on your journey back to Kampala.
This is the largest remaining block of semi-evergreen rainforest in the Victoria basin covering an area of about 300 square kilometres located in Buikwe district between Lugazi and Jinja. It has been protected as Mabira Forest Reserve since 1932. It is also home to over 300 species of birds and nine species of primates. The characteristic trees here are East African mahogany (Khaya anthotheca) and mvule (Milicia excelsa) that were present in the 1950s and have since been cut down for their valuable timber. During the 1970s and 80s the government allowed banana and coffee plantations in the reserve hence exposure to long-term human influence.
Canopy Zip line
This is the major activity of the day, zip line six cables in Mabira forest with the help of experts here and experience adrenaline rush. The expert guides here brief tourists before fitting them with safety gear, they are tasked with motivating their guests since the experience is quite scary and adventurous.
Each of the cables are 6 inches long and are above the tall rain forest trees in the forest, it all begins with climbing a tall tree to a built platform where one finds a guide to help with safety precaution before zip lining the cable.
At the end of the spree, zip line downwards to the ground where one is received by another guide waiting to untie the gear. Proceed for a guided nature walk to the falls after here.
There will be individual photography and filming during this activity to keep wild memories alive.
The falls are found on the edge of a vast trail system in beautiful Mabira Forest after a beautiful 30– minute walk through the rain forest another hour up the trail one can reach Namusa Hill for an overnight experience or just a longer birding hike.
Griffin Falls Camp is located 10 km off the Jinja highway. It is owned by Mabira Forest Intergrated Community Organisation(MAFICO) an NGO with a mission to improve the livelihoods and welfare of the local communities by conserving the environment through development. All the profits from Griffin Falls Camp are put into sustainable development projects in the villages in and around Mabira Forest.
After an amazing experience in the forest, drive to Jinja for lunch with a stop over at Najjembe for roadside roast which is part of the adventure. Tour major sites found in this stone town then return back to Kampala.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL EXCURSION COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
- Lunch and bottled mineral water
- Entrance fees and expert tour guides
- Professional photography
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
Optional activities, birding, overnight camping, community walks
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel