1 Day Kigali city tour
1 Day Kigali city tour : Kigali is Rwanda’s capital city with a population of one million people living in the three districts of Gasabo, Kacukiro and Nyarugenge.
Also known as the land of a thousand hills, it is a commercial centre blessed with moderate climate all year round and beauty at night provided by glimmering lights from the tall modern buildings.
This city was established in 1907 as a tiny colonial out-post by Dr. Richard Kandt the first resident German colonialist in Rwanda, he lived at the foothills of Mt. Jali and Mt. Kigali in the middle of the city, his residence later became a natural history museum in honour of his great work.
Kigali city is Africa’s cleanest and among the most–friendly and safest cities on the continent hence making it a great tourism destination.
- Visit genocide historical sites
- Kamiroko central market
- Kigali presidential museum
- Nyamata church
- Ihema Art centre
- Nyamirambo city
- Convention centre
The guided excursion begins as a historical journey from pre colonial to modern buildings like the convention centre found within the city centre, visit developing neighbourhoods like Nyamirambo town changing the face of this city.
Enjoy photography at every site visited, lunch at one of the restaurants while dinner at your hotel of stay.
Notes on the sites of interest
Kigali Genocide Memorial centre: This museum is a historical centre which reveals information about the dark times in Rwanda that lasted 100 days in 1994. The Genocide was spear headed by the Hutu against the Tutsi tribe. This visit also leads one to Gisozi Genocide site and the memorial centre is regarded Africa’s best of its kind.
Nyamata Genocide Church: About 5000 people are reported to have been killed in this church hence making it another notable genocide memorial site in Rwanda.
Kamironko Central Market: This is a wonderful African market with a bustling, hustling spirit at its core, narrow alleys and hanging fabric of every colour make a glutenous feast for the eyes. Enjoy shopping fresh fruits here and photography and light chats with the vendors.
Presidential Palace Musuem: This palace belonged to H.E Habyarimana the former leader of Rwanda who was assassinated in a plane crash right in his compound an incident that launched the 1994 genocide.
Kigali Convention centre: This major highlight of the city is located 7Kms east of Nyabugogo a city suburb and 6Kms west of Kigali International airport on highway KN5 adjacent to the KG2 roundabout. It was built by Ultimate Concept Limited a Rwandan company from 2009 to 2016. The centre has four major components namely, 5-star hotel, Radisson Blu Hotel Kigali with 292 rooms on six floor, Conference centre with seating capacity of 2,600, Kigali Information Technology Park, with 32,200 square metres of rentable office and retail space, a museum on the bottom floor of the IT office park.
Nyamirambo Walking Tour: A walk along the streets of this town opens an interaction between visitors and the locals, its vibrant nature makes it seem busier than any other city in Kigali hence setting it apart.
Ihema Art Centre: This place shows African skills of art in form of wall paintings, sculptures, African printed fabric, jewellery and leatherworks. Tourists who visit here are entertained by the children’s traditional troupe in music and dance.
Kandt Museum and Natural History Museum: This was governor Kandt’s residence found at the base of Mt Jali and Mt Kigali, it was made a museum in honour of his great work in the country.
Please remember to review us on face book and trip advisor– Petnah Africa Tours and Travel
TOTAL EXCURSION COST: Click on link https://petnahafricatours.com/contact-us/ for quotation
- Hotel pick up and transfer
- Lunch and bottled mineral water
- Entrance fees and expert tour guides
- Professional photography
- Visa fees, international flights, personal insurance
- Phone bills, tips, laundry services and other personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and extra activities outside the itinerary
Optional activities, Visit Kigali International airport, Experience Kigali night life
- Country health status: There is no disease out break
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policies apply to all confirmed bookings made by the client;
- Cancellations received within 30 -10 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 25 % charge
- Cancellations received within 9-2 days’ notice to date of departure will incur 50% charge
- Cancellations received within less than 48 hours to date of departure incur the full charge
- No shows without communication over the whole safari period will be charged 100%
- Cancellations of bookings in peak seasons (Christmas, new year and Easter) received 60 days to date of departure will incur a cancellation charge of 100%
- Cancellations must be advised in writing via email to the reservations or tours manager
Thank you for choosing Petnah Africa Tours and Travel